31. The deflection of a cantilever beam under load W is 8. If its width is halved, then the deflection under load W will be
32. The initial tension (in newtons) in a bolt used for making a fluid tight joint like steam engine cover joints, is calculated by the relation (where d = Nominal diameter of bolt in mm)
33. In order to avoid tearing of the plate at an edge, the distance from the centre line of the rivet hole to the nearest edge of the plate should be equal to (where d = Diameter of rivet hole)
34. According to Indian standards, total numbers of tolerance grades are
35. The ratio of circumferential stress to longitudinal stress in a thin cylinder subjected to an internal pressure is
Read More Section(Machine Design)
Each Section contains maximum 70 questions. To get more questions visit other sections.