Advanced Java Questions and Answer for Interview
61. What method is invoked to cause an object to begin executing as a separate thread?
start() method of the
Thread class is invoked to cause an object to begin executing as a separate thread.
62. Name two subclasses of the TextComponent class.
63. Which containers may have a MenuBar?
64. How are commas used in the intialization and iteration parts of a for statement?
Commas are used to separate multiple statements within the initialization and iteration parts of a
65. What is the purpose of the wait(), notify(), and notifyAll() methods?
The wait(), notify(), and
notifyAll() methods are used to provide an efficient way for threads to wait for a shared resource. When a thread executes an object's
wait() method, it enters the waiting state. It only enters the ready state after another thread invokes the object's
67. What is an abstract method?
An abstract method is a method whose implementation is deferred to a subclass.
68. How are Java source code files named?
A Java source code file takes the name of a public class or interface that is defined within the file. A source code file may contain at most one public class or interface. If a public class or interface is defined within a source code file, then the source code file must take the name of the public class or interface.
If no public class or interface is defined within a source code file, then the file must take on a name that is different than its classes and interfaces. Source code files use the
69. What is the relationship between the Canvas class and the Graphics class?
Canvas object provides access to a Graphics object via its
70. What are the high-level thread states?
The high-level thread states are ready, running, waiting, and dead.