46. A barrel contains a mixture of wine and water in the ratio 3 : 1. How much fraction of the mixture must be drawn off and substituted by water so that the ratio of wine and water in the resultant mixture in the barrel becomes 1 : 1 ?
47. A and B are two alloys of gold and copper prepared by mixing metals in the ratio 5 : 3 and 5 : 11 respectively. Equal quantities of these alloys are melted to form a third alloys C. The ratio of gold and copper in the alloy C is -
48. Two blends of a commodity costing Rs. 35 and Rs. 40 per kg respectively are mixed in the ratio 2 : 3 by weight. If one-fifth of the mixture is sold at Rs. 46 per kg and the remaining at the rate Rs. 55 per kg, the profit percent is -
49. 12500 students appeared in an exam. 50% of the boys and 70% of the girls cleared the examination. If the total percent of student qualifying is 60% , how many girls appeared in the exam ?
50. 60 kg of an alloy A is mixed with 100 kg of alloy B. If alloy A has lead and tin in the ratio 3 : 2 and alloy B has tin and copper in the ratio 1 : 4, the amount of tin in the new alloy is -
Read More Section(Alligation)
Each Section contains maximum 70 questions. To get more questions visit other sections.