1. Maximum permissible limit of industrial noise as recommended by World Health Organisation (WHO) is __________ decibels.
2. Fluorosis is caused due to the presence of excessive amount of __________ in drinking water.
3. Smog is not formed due to the presence of __________ in the atmosphere.
4. Dose of chlorine for disinfection of water is about __________ mg/litre of water.
5. Which of the following plants does not emit appreciable amount of SO2 in atmosphere?
6. Presence of iron and manganese in water causes
7. What is the major constituents of waste/polluted water discharged from textile, pulp & paper, tanning, distillary, dairy and meat packing industries?
8. Presence of carbon monoxide in atmosphere produced by decomposition of chlorophyl and haemoglobin breakdown of some animals, beyond TLV (> 50 ppm)
9. A considerable part of the harmful ultraviolet radiation of the sum does not reach the earth surface, because of the fact that, there is a layer of __________ high above earth's atmosphere, which absorbs it.
10. Coal mines drainage waste water (acidic in nature) results from the earth's water percolating through the voids created in coal bed during mining. This polluted water which either drains out naturally to water courses or are removed before starting the mining is
Read More Section(Environmental Engineering in CE)
Each Section contains maximum 100 MCQs question on Environmental Engineering in CE. To get more questions visit other sections.