1. Which of the following is universally employed as the low expansion metal in the bimetallic thermometer, which is an iron-nickel alloy containing 36% nickel and has very low co-efficient of expansion (l/20th of ordinary metals)?
2. In drop forging process, the forging is done by dropping the __________ at high velocity.
3. Most of the common metals have __________ crystal structure.
4. Chrome vanadium steels usually contain 0.8 to 1.1% Cr, 0.25 to 0.35% C and < 0.25% V. It is
5. Liners of a ball mill are never made of
6. Approximate value of the modulus of elasticity for steel is about __________ × 106 kg/cm2.
7. Which of the following constituents of cast iron is mainly responsible for imparting it an anti-corrosive property?
8. An alloy used as thermocouple material comprises of 40% nickel and 60% copper. It is called
9. Brinell Hardness Number (BHN) for talc is approximately in the range of
10. Rubber lined vessels are corroded by the action of
Read More Section(Materials and Construction)
Each Section contains maximum 100 MCQs question on Materials and Construction. To get more questions visit other sections.