Common PHP question asked in interview
1. What is PHP?
PHP is a web language based on scripts that allows developers to dynamically create generated web pages.
2. What does the initials of PHP stand for?
PHP means PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor.
3. Which programming language does PHP resemble to?
PHP syntax resembles Perl and C
4. What does PEAR stands for?
PEAR means “PHP Extension and Application Repository”. it extends PHP and provides a higher level of programming for web developers.
5. What is the actually used PHP version?
Version 5 is the actually used version of PHP.
6. How do you execute a PHP script from the command line?
Just use the PHP command line interface (CLI) and specify the file name of the script to be executed as follows:
7. How to run the interactive PHP shell from the command line interface?
Just use the PHP CLI program with the option -a as follows:
8. What are the correct and the most two common way to start and finish a PHP block of code?
The two most common ways to start and finish a PHP script are: <?php [ — PHP code—- ] ?> and < [— PHP code —] ?>
9. How can we display the output directly to the browser?
To be able to display the output directly to the browser, we have to use the special tags <?= and ?>.
10. What is the main difference between PHP 4 and PHP 5?
PHP 5 presents many additional OOP (Object Oriented Programming) features.