Core Java Questions and Answer for Interview
1. What is the most important feature of Java?
Java is a platform independent language.
2. What do you mean by platform independence?
Platform independence means that we can write and compile the java code in one platform (eg Windows) and can execute the class in any other supported platform eg (Linux,Solaris,etc).
3. What is a JVM?
JVM is Java Virtual Machine which is a run time environment for the compiled java class files.
4. Are JVM's platform independent?
JVM's are not platform independent. JVM's are platform specific run time implementation provided by the vendor.
5. What is the difference between a JDK and a JVM?
JDK is Java Development Kit which is for development purpose and it includes execution environment also. But JVM is purely a run time environment and hence you will not be able to compile your source files using a JVM.
6. What is a pointer and does Java support pointers?
Pointer is a reference handle to a memory location. Improper handling of pointers leads to memory leaks and reliability issues hence Java doesn't support the usage of pointers.
7. What is the base class of all classes?
8. Does Java support multiple inheritance?
Java doesn't support multiple inheritance.
9. Is Java a pure object oriented language?
Java uses primitive data types and hence is not a pure object oriented language.
10. Are arrays primitive data types?
In Java, Arrays are objects.