Date Structure question and answer
19. In an AVL tree, at what condition the balancing is to be done?
If the 'pivotal value' (or the 'Height factor') is greater than 1 or less than -1.
20. Classify the Hashing Functions based on the various methods by which the key value is found.
- Direct method,
- Subtraction method,
- Modulo-Division method,
- Digit-Extraction method,
- Mid-Square method,
- Folding method,
- Pseudo-random method.
21. What is the bucket size, when the overlapping and collision occur at same time?
One. If there is only one entry possible in the bucket, when the collision occurs, there is no way to accommodate the colliding value. This results in the overlapping of values.
22. What are the types of Collision Resolution Techniques and the methods used in each of the type?
- Open addressing (closed hashing), The methods used include: Overflow block.
- Closed addressing (open hashing), The methods used include: Linked list, Binary tree.
23. Whether Linked List is linear or Non-linear data structure?
According to Access strategies Linked list is a linear one.
According to Storage Linked List is a Non-linear one.