Tell me something about yourself apart from resume/CV?
This one is a little typical way to start the interview. It clearly makes it evident as to who has and who has not mugged up the answer to the question 'tell me about yourself'.
It provides you the opportunity to directly move on to your special points:
1. Here you can start with your achievements during your academic and professional qualifications. Line them up in descending order, starting with the best of all.
2. Mention the skills and exceptional qualities that you have.
3. Throw some light on the various challenges that you have faced in your life and do mention as to how you managed to overcome them. Your struggle shows your determination and will-power.
4. Do mention about your family background - place where they reside, members in family and their occupation.
The alert points, goes same as in the previous question:
1. In no possibility should the answer take more than 5 minutes. Keep it short but contended at the same time.
2. Be prepared for any sort of counter-questions that can be derived from your this answer.
3. Beware of how you speak. Never let the interviewer feel that you have mugged things up.
Now, it’s time for 'participation':
*Assume that you are sitting in the interview room now.
*You have been asked to ‘Tell me something about yourself apart from resume/CV’. Go ahead; give it a try on how to answer the same. Post your own answers and get them reviewed .