Why do you want to change your job?
You shall be asked this question when you are appearing for a job interview while you are already employed and working in some other organization. This question becomes all the more important for the interviewer if your current job is in the same job profile and in a similar organization in the same industry to which his own organization belongs.
Beware of the following points while answering this question:
1. They want know what you are "exactly" looking for in your career. Hence, you yourself be first clear about your ambition. Sound positive and determined.
2. Keep your lips zipped on the “real” reasons. Otherwise, you yourself would reduce your chances of selection by sounding like a ‘complainer’. This kind of attitude is never welcomed from a professional.
3. Tell about what you are looking for in your career and how your job change into this organization will help you achieve your goals.
4. Do speak a few things in appreciation of this organization for which you are being interviewed for.
5. Mention about any genuine reason that you may have for opting for a job change. It can be anything like a need to shift to your hometown, a need to change your lifestyle, etc.
Now, it’s time for 'participation':
*Assume that you are sitting in the interview room now.
*You have been asked to ‘Why do you want to change your job’. Go ahead; give it a try on how to answer the same. Post your own answers and get them reviewed .