61. A vertical pole fixed to the ground is divided in the ratio 1 : 9 by a mark on it with lower part shorter than the upper part. If the two parts subtend equal angles at a place on the ground, 15 m away from the base of the pole, what is the height of the pole?
62. A man is watching from the top of a tower a boat speeding away from the tower. The boat makes an angle of depression of 45° with the man's eye when at a distance of 100 metres from the tower. After 10 seconds, the angle of depression becomes 30°. What is the approximate speed of the boat, assuming that it is running in still water?
63. An aeroplane when 900 m high passes vertically above another aeroplane at an instant when their angles of elevation at same observing point are 60° and 45° respectively. Approximately, how many meters higher is the one than the other?
64. The angle of elevation of the sun, when the length of the shadow of a tree is equal to the height of the tree, is:
65. Two persons are on either sides of a tower of height 50 m. The persons observers the top of the tower at an angle of elevation of 30° and 60°. If a car crosses these two persons in 10 seconds, what is the speed of the car?
Read More Section(Height and Distance)
Each Section contains maximum 70 questions. To get more questions visit other sections.