1. 200 kg of solids (on dry basis) is subjected to a drying process for a period of 5000 seconds. The drying occurs in the constant rate period with the drying rate as, Nc = 0.5 x 10⁻³ kg/m².s. The initial moisture content of the solid is 0.2 kg moisture/kg dry solid. The interfacial area available for drying is 4 m²/1000 kg of dry solid. The moisture content at the end of the drying period is (in kg moisture/kg dry solid)
2. It is desired to concentrate a 20% salt solution (20 kg of salt in 100 kg of solution) to a 30% salt solution in an evaporator. Consider a feed of 300 kg/min at 30°C. The boiling point of the solution is 110°C, the latent heat of vaporisation is 2100 kJ/kg and the specific heat of the solution is 4 kJ/kg.K. The rate at which the heat has to be supplied in (kJ/min) to the evaporator is
3. Fqra cold viscous feed, backward feed gives __________ than forward feed.
4. In a multipass shell and tube heat exchanger, tube side return pressure loss is equal to __________ the velocity head.
5. Terminal point temperature differences between fluids in case of a heat exchanger is termed as
Read More Section(Heat Transfer)
Each Section contains maximum 70 questions. To get more questions visit other sections.