Current Affairs Quiz: 21 June 2017
1. Who of the following resigned as the head coach of the Indian cricket team in June 2017?
a) Ravi Shastri
b) Rahul Dravid
c) Anil Kumble
d) Sanjay Bangar
2. Which of the following airlines was named the World's Best Low-Cost Airline at the 2017 Skytrax World Airline Awards?
b) British Airways
d) Air Asia
3. Who is the winner of the US Open 2017 Golf tournament?
a) Brian Harman
b) Hideki Matsuyama
c) Brooks Koepka
d) Tommy Fleetwood
4. Indian Wushu Team won how many medals at the BRICS Games held in Guangzhou, China?
5. China's largest power project in Russia recently started operation in which of the following provinces?
6. International Yoga Day was celebrated world-wide on 21 June 2017 with the theme
a) Yoga for Health
b) Yoga and Health
c) Health and Yoga
d) None of the above
7. Few days ahead of the rollout of the GST Act across India, the union government on 20 June 2017 notified certain number of sections in the GST Act that deals with mandatory registration of current indirect tax payers in the new regime. What is the number of sections which were notified?
8. This ministry has established the GST facilitation cell to facilitate the implementation of new indirect tax regime for the stakeholders.
a) Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Affairs Ministry
b) Information & Broadcasting Ministry
c) Civil Aviation Ministry
d) Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry
9. The Defence Minister Arun Jaitley co-chaired the first meeting of the India-Russia High-Level Committee on Science and Technology with Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin in
a) Novosibirsk, Russia
b) Samara, Russia
c) New Delhi, India
d) Hyderabad, India
10. India’s Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM), ‘Mangalyaan’ completed 1000 Earth days in its orbit on June 19, 2017. Which year was it launched?
11. Which airline company has been adjudged the World’s Best Airline of 2017?
a) Singapore Airlines
b) Qatar Airways
d) Etihad Airways
12. Mohammed bin Salman has been named the crown prince of which nation?
d) Saudi Arabia
13. This country’s defence minister, Sylvie Goulard announced her resignation over a fake jobs scandal.
c) United Kingdom
14. Which Union Minister launched the mobile app “Celebrating Yoga” for scientific healthy living?
a) Arun Jaitley
b) Manohar Parrikar
c) M Venkaiah Naidu
d) Harsh Vardhan
15. The Taj Mahal Palace hotel of Mumbai acquired an `image trademark’ under which act?
a) Trade Marks Act, 1989
b) Trade Marks Act, 1999
c) Trade Marks Act, 2001
d) Trade Marks Act, 2008
1. (c) Anil Kumble 2. (d) Air Asia 3. (c) Brooks Koepka 4. (b) 6 5. (a) Yaroslavl 6. (a) Yoga for Health 7. (c) Eighteen 8. (d) Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry 9. (a) Novosibirsk, Russia 10. (d) 2013 11. (b) Qatar Airways 12. (d) Saudi Arabia 13. (b) France 14. (d) Harsh Vardhan 15. (b) Trade Marks Act, 1999