Which is your favorite book/Have you read any book recently?
This question is asked to judge your reading habits. This habit empowers a person to develop their vision and intellect. It depicts your willingness to grow and improve. The interviewer is interested in knowing what type of books you like and how often you read them.
This is a very simple question to answer. The only things to be taken care of are as follows:
1. Name the book which you have read. Never ever name a book that you haven’t read because next questions are going to be asked on the basis of the book that you have named. If you fail to answer the related questions then you shall leave a bad impression on the interviewer.
2. Prepare for questions like
- To which genre does this book belong?
- What is the ultimate message that the book conveys?
- Why did you choose this book?
- Have you read more books of this author?
- What do you like about the author?
- What have you learnt from the book?
- Which book did you read just before this book and of which genre?
3. Advice: Choose a book that has been written by a popular author.
4. Just in case you don’t have a reading habit, do mention about the alternative activity that you are involved in which keeps your need satiated.
Now, it’s time for 'participation':
*Assume that you are sitting in the interview room now.
*You have been asked to ‘Which is your favorite book/Have you read any book recently’. Go ahead; give it a try on how to answer the same. Post your own answers and get them reviewed .