Who has inspired you in your life and why?
It's one of those questions which seem to be easy but once you try to answer this, it’s going to puzzle and confuse you. It is actually hard to answer this since mentioning a particular person would require you to first recognize the value-addition that person has made in your life. It becomes difficult to identify the difference and impact someone has made in your personality or mindset unless it is someone very important and you have done proper introspection.
The answer to this question is completely going to be at your discretion. However, we can here provide you with a few guidelines for framing the same:
1. Name the person possessing certain ‘specific’ attributes which you have learned from him/her. It would be beneficial to mention about what this new attribute learnt has helped you to bring in a change in your career.
2. Make sure that you explain these attributes in a clear manner. Your answer should not be ambiguous. You need to explain what attracts you in it and why you want to inculcate the same within you.
3. Do quote a specific example which displays the above-mentioned attribute of the person.
4. Don’t sound too impressed also because it would then appear that you are ‘influenced’ and not ‘inspired’.
5. The person in your answer could be anyone – a family member or a relative or friend or even an outsider like colleague, teacher, etc. Moreover, the person need not be someone who has a very successful and great career. Even your mother could be an inspiration. It is the struggles, endeavor, approach towards life and work, efforts that matters.
Now, it’s time for 'participation':
*Assume that you are sitting in the interview room now.
*You have been asked to ‘Who has inspired you in your life and why’. Go ahead; give it a try on how to answer the same. Post your own answers and get them reviewed .