1. The slant height of a right circular cone is 10 m and its height is 8 m. Find the area of its curved surface.
2. A solid metallic right circular cylinder of base diameter 16 m and height 2 cm is melted and recast into a right circular cone of height three times that of the cylinder. Find the curved surface area of the cone. [Use $$\pi $$ = 3.14]
3. If the volume of a sphere is divided by its surface area, the result is 27 cm. The radius of the sphere is :
4. A sphere and a cube have equal surface area. The ratio of the volume of the sphere to that of the cube is :
5. Some solid metallic right circular cones, each with radius of the base 3 cm and height 4 cm, are melted to form a solid sphere of radius 6 cm. The number of right circular cones is :
6. If the radius of the base and height of a cylinder and cone are each equal to r, and the radius of a hemisphere is also equal to r, then the volumes of the cone, cylinder and hemisphere are in the ratio ?
7. The radius of a cylinder is 5 m more than its height. If the curved surface area of the cylinder is 792 m2, what is the volume of the cylinder ?
8. The radius of a sphere is equal to the radius of the base of a right circular cone, and the volume of the sphere is double the volume of the cone. The ratio of the height of the cone to the radius of its base is :
9. The dimensions of an open box are 52 cm × 40 cm × 29 cm. It thickness is 2 cm. If 1 cu.cm of metal used in the box weight 0.5 gm, then the weight of the box is :
10. Except for one face of a given cube, identical cubes are glued through their faces to all the other faces of the given cube. If each side of the given cube measures 3 cm, then what is the total surface area of the solid body thus formed ?
Read More Section(Volume and Surface Area)
Each Section contains maximum 100 MCQs question on Volume and Surface Area. To get more questions visit other sections.