91. Elastic failure of a material occurs, when the tensile stress equals yield strength, yield point or the elastic limit. Also, the elastic failure occurs according to maximum strain theory, when the maximum tensile strain equals (where, $$\sigma $$ = yield strength and E = modulus of elasticity)
92. In common bubble cap distillation column design practice, riser area is approximately equal to (where, Aa = Annular passage area, and Sa = Slot area)
93. In the design of a shell and tube heat exchanger, the corrosion allowance
94. Cylindrical storage tanks used for the storage of volatile liquids (e.g., naphtha) have __________ roofs.
95. In a vertical short tube evaporator (Calendria type), the
96. In the allocated cap area, bubble caps are generally arranged on equilateral triangular pitch. Number of caps fixed on a plate is with a
97. Rivets are generally specified by the
98. When one of the fluids is highly corrosive and has fouling tendency, it should
99. Floating head heat exchangers are used for the
100. Normally, the plate thickness of the bottoms and roofs of vertically cylindrical storage vessels as compared to that of the cylindrical shell is
Read More Section(Process Equipment and Plant Design)
Each Section contains maximum 100 MCQs question on Process Equipment and Plant Design. To get more questions visit other sections.