1. Width and depth of grooves in the tube sheet holes normally are __________ inch respectively.
2. In most of the shell and tube heat exchangers, the tube pitch is generally __________ the tube diameter.
3. Value of Peclet number = 0, is the representative of
4. The ideal size of round bubble caps to be used in industrial distillation column having a diameter of 3-6 metres is __________ cms.
5. Pick out the wrong statement pertaining to the design of a horizontal tube evaporator.
6. A single pass air heater is connected to a two pass unit. For the air flow rate and other conditions remaining the same, the film heat transfer co-efficient for air will vary in the ratio of
7. Pick out the wrong statement pertaining to the design of the bubble cap tray of a distillation column to give stable operation and even vapour distribution.
8. A certain pressure vessel manufacturer avoids doing reinforcements calculations for openings by always providing a reinforcing pad extending upto double the diameter of the opening and of the same material and thickness as that of the shell wall. If area compensation is accepted as a code guideline, his approach leads to safe design
9. __________ heat exchanger is also known as 'hair pin type' exchanger,
10. __________ head is the most economical for cylindrical vessels designed for operating at high pressure (> 15 atm.).
Read More Section(Process Equipment and Plant Design)
Each Section contains maximum 100 MCQs question on Process Equipment and Plant Design. To get more questions visit other sections.