1. Pick out the wrong statement.
2. A perforated plate has holes of diameter dh arranged in a pitch ph. Each hole has a tube of I.D. dt passing through it. The ligament efficiency is given by
3. An adequate clearance between the tray and the shell wall of a distillation column is provided to
4. Back-trapping in a distillation column results due to
5. In a continuous distillation column, the optimum reflux ratio ranges from __________ times the minimum reflux ratio.
6. The LMTD correction factor (FT) is applied in __________ heat exchangers.
7. In condenser, the cooling water is passed in the tube side in a pass arrangement, because
8. For identical situation, condensing film coefficient in case of a horizontal condenser is almost __________ the value expected in case of vertical condenser.
9. In case of a shell and tube heat exchanger, the minimum shell thickness for carbon steel (inclusive of corrosion allowance) depends on shell diameter and is in the range of __________ mm.
10. Cooling water fouling factors vary in the range of 0.001 to 0.003
Read More Section(Process Equipment and Plant Design)
Each Section contains maximum 100 MCQs question on Process Equipment and Plant Design. To get more questions visit other sections.