1. The average velocity in the tubes of a 1-4 heat exchanger is __________ times that in 1-1 heat exchanger having the same size & number of tubes and operated at same liquid flow rate.
2. Baffles are provided in a shell and tube heat exchanger to increase the turbulence and velocity of the shell side fluid. Which of the following shaped baffles does not fall in the category of transverse baffle?
3. Smoker's equation for the calculation of number of equilibrium stages in a continuous binary distillation column is used, when the
4. Number of evaporators which can be used in service in a multiple effect evaporation system is limited by the
5. Pick out the wrong statement
6. Equivalent diameter for heat transfer calculation for a duct of square cross-section having each side as 'd' will be
7. Lap joints are preferred for plates having thickness __________ mm.
8. Diameter of the seive tray column is determined by the
9. Baffles may be eliminated for
10. __________ is the determining factor for the number of bubble caps to be used per tray.
Read More Section(Process Equipment and Plant Design)
Each Section contains maximum 100 MCQs question on Process Equipment and Plant Design. To get more questions visit other sections.