81. The length of straight rectangular weir used on cross-flow trays is generally __________ the column diameter.
82. Overall distillation column efficiency for most of the refinery columns can be given by (for $$\mu $$ = 0.07 - 1.4 cp and relative volatility < 4) (where η = overall column efficiency, % $$\mu $$ = molal average viscosity of feed at average column temperature and pressure, cp Δp = pressure drop per tray, psi)
83. The absorption factor is defined as (where, S1 = slope of the equilibrium curve, S2 = slope of the operating line)
84. A cylindrical storage tank can have a self supported conical roof,
85. A stuffing box is used for
86. The force due to wind load acting on a tall vessel depends upon its
87. Maximum acceptable total liquid gradient over a tray is about __________ mm.
88. Scale up problem in design based on the similarity concept takes into account __________ similarity.
89. The diameter of a propeller agitator used in agitation tank ranges from __________ percent of the tank diameter and its peripherial speed is normally 300 to 500 metres/minute.
90. The buckling tendency of compression members is always in the direction of the
Read More Section(Process Equipment and Plant Design)
Each Section contains maximum 100 MCQs question on Process Equipment and Plant Design. To get more questions visit other sections.