Date Structure question and answer
1. What is data structure?
Data Structures are the programmatic way of storing data so that data can be used efficiently. Almost every enterprise application uses various types of data structures in one or the other way.
2. What is a spanning Tree?
A spanning tree is a tree associated with a network. All the nodes of the graph appear on the tree once. A minimum spanning tree is a spanning tree organized so that the total edge weight between nodes is minimized.
3. Which is the simplest file structure? (Sequential, Indexed, Random)
Sequential is the simplest file structure.
4. List out the areas in which data structures are applied extensively?
- Compiler Design,
- Operating System,
- Database Management System,
- Statistical analysis package,
- Numerical Analysis,
- Artificial Intelligence,
5. What are the methods available in storing sequential files ?
- Straight merging,
- Natural merging,
- Polyphase sort,
- Distribution of Initial runs.
6. List out few of the Application of tree data-structure?
- The manipulation of Arithmetic expression,
- Symbol Table construction,
- Syntax analysis.