46. Two ships are sailing in the sea on the two sides of a lighthouse. The angle of elevation of the top of the lighthouse is observed from the ships are 30º and 45º respectively. If the lighthouse is 200 m high, the distance between the two ships is:
47. The angle of elevation of the top of a tower from a certain point is 30°. If the observer moves 40 m towards the tower, the angle of elevation of the top of the tower increases by 15°. The height of the tower is:
48. The angle of elevation of a ladder leaning against a wall is 60º and the foot of the ladder is 12.4 m away from the wall. The length of the ladder is:
49. Find the angle of elevation of the sun when the shadow of a pole of 18 m height is $$6\sqrt 3 $$ m long?
50. A balloon leaves the earth at a point A and rises vertically at uniform speed. At the end of 2 minutes, John finds the angular elevation of the balloon as 60°. If the point at which John is standing is 150 m away from point A, what is the speed of the balloon?
Read More Section(Height and Distance)
Each Section contains maximum 70 questions. To get more questions visit other sections.