1. In an election, 30% of the voters voted for candidate A whereas 60% of the remaining voted for candidate B. The remaining voters did not vote. If the difference between those who voted for candidate A and those who did not vote was 1200, how many individuals were eligible for casting vote in that election ?
2. x% of x is the same as 10% of
3. In a certain organisation, 40% employees are matriculates, 50% of the remaining are graduates and the remaining 180 are post-graduates. What is the number of graduate employees ?
4. In an examination in which full marks were 800, A gets 20% more than B, B gets 20% more than C, and C gets 15% less than D. If A got 576, what percentage of full marks did D get (approximately) ?
5. The price of an article is reduced by 25%. In order to retain the original price, the present price has to be increased by :
6. A person's salary is decreased by steps of 20%, 15% and 10%. Approximately by what percent should the reduced salary be increases so as to get back the original salary ?
7. A building worth Rs. 133100 is constructed on land worth Rs. 72900. After how many years will the value of both be the same if land appreciates at 10% p.a. and building depreciates at 10% p.a. ?
8. A bag contains 600 coins of 25p denomination and 1200 coins of 50p denomination. If 12% of 25p coins and 24% of 50p are removed, the percentage of money removed from the bag is nearly :
9. Mr. More spent 20% of his monthly income on food and 15% on children's education. 40% of the remaining he spent on entertainment and transport together and 30% on medical. He is left with an amount of Rs. 8775 after all these expenditures. What is Mr. More's monthly income ?
10. If the price of erasers goes down by 25%, a man can buy 2 more erasers for a rupee. How many erasers are available for a rupee ?
Read More Section(Percentage)
Each Section contains maximum 100 MCQs question on Percentage. To get more questions visit other sections.