1. A right triangle with sides 3 cm, 4 cm and 5 cm is rotated the side of 3 cm to form a cone. The volume of the cone so formed is:
2. In a shower, 5 cm of rain falls. The volume of water that falls on 1.5 hectares of ground is:
3. A hall is 15 m long and 12 m broad. If the sum of the areas of the floor and the ceiling is equal to the sum of the areas of four walls, the volume of the hall is:
4. 66 cubic centimetres of silver is drawn into a wire 1 mm in diameter. The length of the wire in metres will be:
5. A hollow iron pipe is 21 cm long and its external diameter is 8 cm. If the thickness of the pipe is 1 cm and iron weights 8 g/cm3, then the weight of the pipe is:
6. A boat having a length 3 m and breadth 2 m is floating on a lake. The boat sinks by 1 cm when a man gets on it. The mass of the man is:
7. 50 men took a dip in a water tank 40 m long and 20 m broad on a religious day. If the average displacement of water by a man is 4 m3, then the rise in the water level in the tank will be:
8. The slant height of a right circular cone is 10 m and its height is 8 m. Find the area of its curved surface.
9. A cistern 6m long and 4 m wide contains water up to a depth of 1 m 25 cm. The total area of the wet surface is:
10. A metallic sheet is of rectangular shape with dimensions 48 m x 36 m. From each of its corners, a square is cut off so as to make an open box. If the length of the square is 8 m, the volume of the box (in m3) is:
Read More Section(Volume and Surface Area)
Each Section contains maximum 100 MCQs question on Volume and Surface Area. To get more questions visit other sections.