121. A high vapour velocity is required for high plate efficiency in a seive plate coloumn. The satisfactory value of operating vapor velocity for design purpose in seive plate column is about __________ percent of the flooding velocity.
122. A pipe is generally made of circular cross-section, because a circular cross-section has the
123. For a cylindrical shell, (subject to the thickness of uppermost course being more than the minimum for diaofthe tank in question), the thickness of the courses of shell
124. Angled baffles are preferred in the agitation tank to control the swirling action; if the viscosity of the liquid to be mixed is about 200 poise. However, the baffle may be completely eliminated for mixing liquids having viscoisty above __________ poise.
125. What is the slope of the feed line, if the feed to a distillation column is a saturated liquid?
126. With increase in pressure drop (for a given particle size), the dust collection efficiency of a cyclone separator will
127. LMTD correction factor is used in heat exchanger design for
128. Diameter of bubble caps used in high pressure columns is __________ as compared to that used in identical vacuum columns.
129. Pick out the wrong statement
130. At the following point for a given packing and set of fluids, the pressure drop per metre of packed height, with variation in fluid rates and operating pressure
Read More Section(Process Equipment and Plant Design)
Each Section contains maximum 100 MCQs question on Process Equipment and Plant Design. To get more questions visit other sections.