Routers operate at layer _____. LAN switches operate at layer _____. Ethernet hubs operate at layer _____. Word processing operates at layer _____.
A. 3, 3, 1, 7
B. 3, 2, 1, none
C. 3, 2, 1, 7
D. 3, 3, 2, none
E. All of the above
Answer: Option B
Solution(By Examveda Team)Routers operate at layer 3. LAN switches operate at layer 2. Ethernet hubs operate at layer 1. Word processing applications communicate to the Application layer interface, but do not operate at layer 7, so the answer would be none.
B. Crossover cable
C. Crossover with a CSU/DSU
A. Layer 2
B. Layer 3
C. Layer 4
D. Layer 7
Which three statements are true about the operation of a full-duplex Ethernet network?
1. There are no collisions in full-duplex mode.
2. A dedicated switch port is required for each full-duplex node.
3. Ethernet hub ports are preconfigured for full-duplex mode.
4. In a full-duplex environment, the host network card must check for the availability of the network media before transmitting.
5. The host network card and the switch port must be capable of operating in full-duplex mode.
A. 1, 2, and 5
B. 2 and 4
C. 2, 3 and 4
D. 5 only