Which of the following describe router functions?
A. Packet switching
B. Packet filtering
C. Internetwork communication
D. Path selection
E. All of the above
Answer: Option E
Solution(By Examveda Team)Routers provide packet switching, packet filtering, internetwork communication, and path selection.
A. Layer 2
B. Layer 3
C. Layer 4
D. Layer 7
A. Data, frame, packet, segment, bit
B. Segment, data, packet, frame, bit
C. Data, segment, packet, frame, bit
D. Data, segment, frame, packet, bit
How does a host on an Ethernet LAN know when to transmit after a collision has occurred?
1. In a CSMA/CD collision domain, multiple stations can successfully transmit data simultaneously.
2. In a CSMA/CD collision domain, stations must wait until the media is not in use before transmitting.
3. You can improve the CSMA/CD network by adding more hubs.
4. After a collision, the station that detected the collision has first priority to resend the lost data.
5. After a collision, all stations run a random backoff algorithm. When the backoff delay period has expired, all stations have equal priority to transmit data.
A. 1 and 3
B. 2 and 4
C. 1,3 and 4
D. 2 and 5