Which of the following are unique characteristics of half-duplex Ethernet when compared to full-duplex Ethernet?
1. Half-duplex Ethernet operates in a shared collision domain.
2. Half-duplex Ethernet operates in a private collision domain.
3. Half-duplex Ethernet has higher effective throughput.
4. Half-duplex Ethernet has lower effective throughput.
A. 2 only
B. 1,2 and 3
C. 1 and 4
D. 4 only
Answer: Option C
Solution(By Examveda Team)Unlike full duplex, half-duplex Ethernet operates in a shared collision domain, and it has a lower effective throughput than full duplex.
How does a host on an Ethernet LAN know when to transmit after a collision has occurred?
1. In a CSMA/CD collision domain, multiple stations can successfully transmit data simultaneously.
2. In a CSMA/CD collision domain, stations must wait until the media is not in use before transmitting.
3. You can improve the CSMA/CD network by adding more hubs.
4. After a collision, the station that detected the collision has first priority to resend the lost data.
5. After a collision, all stations run a random backoff algorithm. When the backoff delay period has expired, all stations have equal priority to transmit data.
A. 1 and 3
B. 2 and 4
C. 1,3 and 4
D. 2 and 5
B. Crossover cable
C. Crossover with a CSU/DSU
D. Crossover with a router in between the two switches