Which three statements are true about the operation of a full-duplex Ethernet network?
1. There are no collisions in full-duplex mode.
2. A dedicated switch port is required for each full-duplex node.
3. Ethernet hub ports are preconfigured for full-duplex mode.
4. In a full-duplex environment, the host network card must check for the availability of the network media before transmitting.
5. The host network card and the switch port must be capable of operating in full-duplex mode.
A. 1, 2, and 5
B. 2 and 4
C. 2, 3 and 4
D. 5 only
Answer: Option A
Solution(By Examveda Team)Full-duplex means you are using both wire pairs simultaneously to send and receive data. You must have a dedicated switch port for each node, which means you will not have collisions. Both the host network card and the switch port must be capable and set to work in full-duplex mode.
A. To ensure that data is retransmitted if an acknowledgment is not received.
B. To reassemble segments in the correct order at the destination device.
C. To provide a means for the receiver to govern the amount of data sent by the sender.
D. To regulate the size of each segment.
B. Data Link
A. Send a different source port number.
B. Restart the virtual circuit.
C. Decrease the sequence number.
D. Decrease the window size.