1. Rivets connecting flange angles to cover plates in a plate girder are subjected to
2. When the axis of load lies in the plane of rivet group, then the rivets are subjected to
3. Hudson’s formula gives the dead weight of a truss bridge as a function of
4. The number of seismic zones in which the country has been divided are
5. Maximum pitch of rivets, used in steel stacks, is limited to (where t is thickness of thinner plate being connected)
6. If the floor is supported at or near the bottom but top chords of a bridge is not braced, then the bridge is called
7. By providing sufficient edge distance, which of the following failures of riveted joint can be avoided?
8. The maximum permissible span of asbestos cement sheets is
9. The use of tie plates in laced columns is
10. The effective length of a fillet weld should not be less than
Read More Section(Design of Steel Structures)
Each Section contains maximum 100 MCQs question on Design of Steel Structures. To get more questions visit other sections.