What are two purposes for segmentation with a bridge?
1. To add more broadcast domains.
2. To create more collision domains.
3. To add more bandwidth for users.
4. To allow more broadcasts for users.
A. 1 only
B. 2 and 3
C. 2 and 4
D. 4 only
Answer: Option B
Solution(By Examveda Team)Bridges break up collision domains, which allow more bandwidth for users.
Why does the data communication industry use the layered OSI reference model?
1. It divides the network communication process into smaller and simpler components, thus aiding component development, design, and troubleshooting.
2. It enables equipment from different vendors to use the same electronic components, thus saving research and development funds.
3. It supports the evolution of multiple competing standards and thus provides business opportunities for equipment manufacturers.
4. It encourages industry standardization by defining what functions occur at each layer of the model.
A. 1 only
B. 1 and 4
C. 2 and 3
D. 3 only
A. Thicknet coax
B. Thinnet coax
C. Category 5 UTP cable
D. Fiber-optic cable
A. To ensure that data is retransmitted if an acknowledgment is not received.
B. To reassemble segments in the correct order at the destination device.
C. To provide a means for the receiver to govern the amount of data sent by the sender.
D. To regulate the size of each segment.
B. Data Link