On 1 November, 1950, Indian President Dr. Rajendra Prasad formally dedicated the first steam rail-engine produced by the company (a WG class locomotive bearing the registration number 8401) to the freedom fighter Deshbandhu Chittranjan Das.
Introduced ________ in Konkan Railway to help old and disabled passengers.
The Harbour line is a branch line of the Mumbai Suburban Railway operated by Central Railway. It was named so because it catered to the eastern neighbourhoods along the city's natural harbour. Its termini are Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT), Andheri/Goregaon and Panvel on the CSMT-Goregaon, CSMT-Panvel and Panvel-Andheri routes. The first section of the line, between Kurla and Reay Road, opened on 12 December 1910. In 1925, the line was connected to the then Victoria Terminus via an elevated rail corridor between Dockyard Road and Sandhurst Road.
With a noble motive to promote tourism in Rajasthan, the Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation along with Indian Railway launched the first Indian luxury train Palace on Wheels on 26th January' 1982.